Our mission is based on two areas that Jesus really emphasized
THE GREAT COMMANDMENT
The first thing He said was in response to the question, “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” (In other words, if we misunderstand everything else about the Christian life, what do we want to make sure that we don’t miss?) Here’s what He said:
“Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:37-40
- To “Love God with all your heart” is WORSHIP. Once we experience His love, we want to love Him back.
- To “Love your neighbor as yourself” is MINISTRY. One way we love Him back is to show love to other people. I John 4:19,20.
THE GREAT COMMISSION
The second thing Jesus emphasized by saying it just before He left the earth. If you knew you were saying your last goodbye on earth to those closest to you, wouldn’t you say something you didn’t want them to forget? Here’s part of what He said:
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19-28
- To “Go and make disciples” is “EVANGELISM,” bringing other people to Jesus.
- To “baptize” is to “IDENTIFY WITH CHRIST AND HIS CHURCH” Acts 19:5; Romans 6:1-11, I Corinthians 12:13
- To teach “to obey everything I have commanded you” is “DISCIPLESHIP.”
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
We are a family of believers reaching and changing the world, walking together in love, integrity, faith and excellence.